There are a few skills that can put you above the rest.
Drum Recording is one of them.
It can be very hard, and not many want to truly master the craft.
In fact, many will set up drum mics as a way of triggering drum samples, with no intention of keeping the sound of the real drums.
Why not just get electronic drums to trigger your samples?
And some have done exactly this. There is a fantastic drummer in Australia that records heavy metal grooves and drum fills on an electronic kit. People buy his MIDI tracks to fill in with their own samples.
I don't mind samples when they are blended in to make a larger than life sound, but I believe there should still a foundation of a great drum sound from real drums and cymbals.
Recording drums is becoming a lost art.
Because drum recording is hard and it takes work.
But what if you could master it? What if you were the best in your area for recording drums?
That's why I developed a course that teaches you how to master the art of drum recording.
I start with the basics, and teach you a method that is my no-fail approach. Then I teach you about drum tuning, drum muffling, room acoustics, close mics, and everything else that it takes to master the art of drum recording.
You may know me from YouTube where I show one or two techniques, but this course is the entire concept. The whole picture. I can only give a small piece during a 10 or 15 minute YouTube video.
Here is a little about what is included:
Master the Art of Drum Recording
- 5 Video Packed Units:
- Hours of Videos
- Text Reading
- Listening Demos
- Interactive Quizzes
- 3 Bonus Units:
- Specialty Drum Mics - 8 Videos - Discussion, and audio demos. Such as: Under Tom Mics, Shell Mics, Ride and HiHat Mics.
- Engineering Foundations - 11 Videos - Discussion on how to develop your ears, make better mixes, and start a studio.
- Drum Mixing Practice - 3 songs - Practice mixing other drum tracks, and try out mixing techniques.
- Bonus PDF Guides: Shopping lists for drum heads, Drum Pitch Guides, and more added each month.
- Support: Unlimited Email Support Directly from Ryan
What is Covered in Detail:
- Module 1 - A can't-go-wrong approach to recording drums. The 80 -20 Technique is a new system that I developed that makes drum recording easy.
- Module 2 - Drum tuning, muffling, and drum head selection - How achieve sounds at the source and do it quickly. Gain a complete understanding and confidence of drum tuning, and muffling for a wide range of musical styles.
- Module 3 - Making the best out of your room. Gain knowledge and confidence on how to modify your current room, place sound absorption/reflections and were to place the drums for the best sound.
- Module 4 - Drum kit concepts with overhead microphones. Advanced concepts for drum recording and overhead techniques.
- Module 5 - Advanced techniques for placing close microphones for kick, snare, and toms.
- Bonus Unit - 8 Videos - Specialty microphones. Gain confidence for using room microphones, secondary tom mics, and how to expertly use close mics on Hi-Hat or Ride cymbal.
- Bonus Unit - 11 Videos - Engineering Foundations - How to develop your ears, make better mixes, and start a studio.
- Bonus Unit - 3 Mixing Lessons - Drum Mixing Practice for 3 songs - Practice mixing other drum tracks, and try out mixing techniques.
Here's what Ken had to say about this course before he finished Module 1 of this exact course:
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- I want you to be completely happy with the course and coaching. If you are not happy for any reason, just email me within the first 30 days from your purchase and I'll refund 100% of the purchase price for this course.
- No risk. The only thing you risk is not getting the course, and allowing drum recording to hold you back the sound of your drum recordings.